vickythenerd

Nerdy Reading

I am a vegetarian Nerdfighter who loves Doctor Who & books. I read mostly YA and fantasy, but I love all genres.

The Fellowship of the Ring
J.R.R. Tolkien
The Sigma Protocol
Robert Ludlum
The Book of the Dead - Douglas Preston, Lincoln Child I picked this book of the bookstore. Till this day I'm not entirely sure what made me pick it up as I don't usually read this genre. Not until I reached home did I realized it was the 7th in a series & the 3rd of a trilogy(don't ask me to explain, I don't think I understand myself.)I saw it as a challenge and decided to give it a try. Firstly, I would definitely recommend the other in the series or at least the first two books in the trilogy, but I found it quite easy get into the story. Of course, there were past stories, but all was pretty much understandable.I really loved & surprised me the different POVs, ever chapter seemed to be narrated by a new voice. In short words, it was awesome, kind of like a mystery movie, yes it was a bit full of clichés, but the narrative & the characters were genuinely enjoyable. The only problem I had was with certain spouses which I never saw as a married couple & their interactions didn't seem believable, but I guess that would be more explanatory if I had read the past books.Overall, Preston & Child have made a fantastic series which I wish I had picked up from the start. It's one of those books which you just never want to let go off.