vickythenerd

Nerdy Reading

I am a vegetarian Nerdfighter who loves Doctor Who & books. I read mostly YA and fantasy, but I love all genres.

The Fellowship of the Ring
J.R.R. Tolkien
The Sigma Protocol
Robert Ludlum

The Strain (Strain Trilogy #1)

The Strain (Strain Trilogy #1) - Who doesn't know Guillermo del Toro? And who hasn't at least once enjoyed one of his movies? Chances are that if you watch movies you probably have.I, as a rule try not to read about vampires anymore. The vampire subject has by known been very well explored, especially in books, but even so having Guillermo del Toro give his view of the bloodsuckers was tempting enough to make me read it.Firstly, the story itself is a bit predictable, but it is so well crafted and thought out that it works out.I loved how the creatures are not your normal vampire, by this I do not meaning that any sparkling has been added, but a more surprising and original element. This in conjunction with the human part of the story makes for a powerful story. Overall, I liked it, especially the suspensive element which was so well managed. But I do feel like the second half was stretched out. A great read for those vampire lovers that like the darker side of these creatures.