vickythenerd

Nerdy Reading

I am a vegetarian Nerdfighter who loves Doctor Who & books. I read mostly YA and fantasy, but I love all genres.

The Fellowship of the Ring
J.R.R. Tolkien
The Sigma Protocol
Robert Ludlum

The Summer I Turned Pretty

The Summer I Turned Pretty - Jenny Han I don't usually read contemporary YA & what I mean by that is that I barely read of the genre. As a matter of fact, I avoid it at all cost. What made me change my mind you might wonder? Well, this little book called Anna & the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins, which if you haven't read please do, it's simply brilliant! Anyway, I've heard great things about this book, but I never even consider reading it. I even read the synopsis to see if maybe I changed my mind, but I found it atrocious & swore I wouldn't read it. But if you like books and I'm guessing you do if you are reading this, the you might find from time to time wondering wtf is wrong with some books today. Like, seriously lately there are so much clichés in books nowadays trying to imitate Twilight's success that it made me sad. Depress even. I didn't read a book for ALMOST TWO WEEKS! Because I didn't saw a book worth reading (YA of course).Just when I thought I was a lost cause & I would have to conform with classic literature, I decided to give this book a chance & holy cow if I didn't did the right thing! The Summer I Turned Pretty restored my faith in YA. Here is a beautiful story which seems to be just another boy meets girl & boy has a brother story, but which is actually so sweet and so well written that it's actually kind of freaking awesome. What I'm trying to say is, if you haven't read this because it seems dubious & that it will be just another story, well, READ IT, because you my friend are in for a sweet, cotton-filled, smothering, brother-packed love story that will have you waiting for more.Overall, The Summer I Turned Pretty is the perfect light story to make you feel better and it's all Jenny Han's labor.