vickythenerd

Nerdy Reading

I am a vegetarian Nerdfighter who loves Doctor Who & books. I read mostly YA and fantasy, but I love all genres.

The Fellowship of the Ring
J.R.R. Tolkien
The Sigma Protocol
Robert Ludlum
Clarity - Kim Harrington Rating: 3.5In the midst of a paranormal YA books Clarity stands out just about enough. I started Clarity with hesitance & by the end of the first chapter I had already labeled it under 'just another paranormal book' category, but I kept on reading & I am thankful for that. Clarity is a funny debut by Kim Harrington full of mystery & love. The crime was not your easily solved ones, although I did knew who the murderer was from the start, but your mind keeps changing along with the character from suspect to suspect. Clarity is funny, quirky & not the girl next door, I like the fact that she had no friends because in almost all books we have the obnoxious best friends & it was nice to take a break from that. Clarity got clichéish at times, but the romance & the entertainment was always there, so it was not bothersome. My biggest issue though it's not with the story, but with the writing. Have you ever watched a movie turn your head a second & missed how the character went from laying on the bed to drinking coffee in the kitchen? Well, that's how I felt about Clarity(mostly at the beginning). The characters would said to do something, but their was given no further description of their actions making you wonder if they went flying away. Overall, Clarity really blew my mind compare to most paranormal books. You could sense Harrington's improvement of the story & development as the story advanced & I am sure we can hope for an even more mind-blowing sequel.