vickythenerd

Nerdy Reading

I am a vegetarian Nerdfighter who loves Doctor Who & books. I read mostly YA and fantasy, but I love all genres.

The Fellowship of the Ring
J.R.R. Tolkien
The Sigma Protocol
Robert Ludlum
Spell Hunter - R.J. Anderson Hunting. That's the first thing that comes to my mind when I think about this book. I am a huge fairy books fan, having read quiet a few of them my first thought about Spell Hunter was that it was just another fairy book that wouldn't distinguish from other books. Wrong. Spell Hunter is about Knife, a badass fairy who questions everything about her life in the Oak. Knife is just one of those characters. The ones that you immediately love and enters your Top to best characters ever. She is not afraid of anything and although she is happy with the life she has, she wants more especially when she starts uncovering about their past & starts seeing how different things used to be before. Anderson's characterization of fairies is what makes this book so great. They are not the cute fairies nor are they the evil ones who twist the truth, but selfish beings who have forgotten who they were before. It's an accurate portrayal of a civilization that has lost their traditions to time and magic.Spell Hunter brings a new side to this beings and I am truly grateful I picked it up.