vickythenerd

Nerdy Reading

I am a vegetarian Nerdfighter who loves Doctor Who & books. I read mostly YA and fantasy, but I love all genres.

The Fellowship of the Ring
J.R.R. Tolkien
The Sigma Protocol
Robert Ludlum
The Knife of Never Letting Go - Patrick Ness Before I started reading this book I was sure I was going to love it because it had been so effusively recommended to me, but once I started reading I wasn't so sure. Here's the deal: Todd leaves in New World in a colony in another planet where people were infected by a germ that makes every man in the Prentisstown to hear each others thoughts and who also killed every woman. So, Todd was born in New World and from the start we are thrown into his world. It took me a while to really sympathize with Todd. From the start we can see Prentisstown is not what it looks like and as we began to doubt on the town we began to doubt on Todd. It probably took me longer than most to truly see Todd for who he was. He was not just a guy thrown into certain situations, but he really was naive of everything that was happening around him. And as the plot developed we could see more and more of the real Todd and his struggles and we can't help, but like him more and more. I really look forward to read the other books in this series.