vickythenerd

Nerdy Reading

I am a vegetarian Nerdfighter who loves Doctor Who & books. I read mostly YA and fantasy, but I love all genres.

The Fellowship of the Ring
J.R.R. Tolkien
The Sigma Protocol
Robert Ludlum
Lola and the Boy Next Door - Stephanie Perkins Stephanie Perkins' sophomore novel does not disappoint. For starters, I loved her parents and just the whole story behind Lola, eveything from her outrageous outfits to her history with Cricket. I also loved that we got to see more of Anna & St. Clair and how Cricket is the exact opposite of St. Clair height-wise. Lola and the boy next door is sweet and lovely, just what we had come to expect from Stephanie Perkins. Unlike Anna, Lola can be a bit harder to sympathize with because as Calliope says, Cricket is the inexperienced in their relationship, but we understand where she is coming from, all she's been through and how she ended up as she did. I really liked that about Lola, that she had so much baggage and she had to free herself from it. Lola and the Boy Next Door is a great novel and all those previous Anna lovers can rest assured that Stephanie Perkins has done it again!