vickythenerd

Nerdy Reading

I am a vegetarian Nerdfighter who loves Doctor Who & books. I read mostly YA and fantasy, but I love all genres.

The Fellowship of the Ring
J.R.R. Tolkien
The Sigma Protocol
Robert Ludlum
Seraphina - Rachel Hartman I love books about dragons so I've had my eye on this book for a while, but there was something about it that made me hesitant to read it. Seraphina is unlike any dragon book I've read.I think that the hardest part about reading a fantasy book is the way they create a new world and try sometimes to impose it on you, but this is not the case in here. . It is very subtle in the way Rachel Hartman tells the story and submerges you into this world, so subtly that once you notice it you are already in the world and are already familiar with it. The book follows the character Seraphina, who is not normal and who struggles accepting herself throughout the book. This makes her incredibly relatable. She is extraordinary and awes everyone with her intelligence, but most times she doesn't even notice until someone points it out to her. But this only makes the reader love her more.I could go on and on about the many things I think makes this book great. Truthfully the only thing that keeps me from giving it 5 stars is that it has a sequel and a few things were left unresolved.Even so, it was amazing and I definitely think is something worth reading.