vickythenerd

Nerdy Reading

I am a vegetarian Nerdfighter who loves Doctor Who & books. I read mostly YA and fantasy, but I love all genres.

The Fellowship of the Ring
J.R.R. Tolkien
The Sigma Protocol
Robert Ludlum

Girl Who Was on Fire

The Girl Who Was on Fire: Your Favorite Authors on Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games Trilogy - Carrie Ryan, Blythe Woolston, Bree Despain, Lili Wilkinson, Terri  Clark, Sarah Rees Brennan, Adrienne Kress, Mary Borsellino, Jennifer Lynn Barnes, Elizabeth M. Rees, Sarah Darer Littman, Cara Lockwood, Leah Wilson, Ned Vizzini A collection of essays written by many of our favorite authors about one of our favorite series of all times. Sounds great, right?Well, for me it wasn't. I expected more of this book.The Girl Who Was on Fire lacks some sort of order. Each essay is written about any random subject based on the books which results in many essays talking about the same things over & over. And although they might be true, after a while it becomes trite. I expected more in-depth thoughts, but some of the essays are based on facts anybody could have come up with. Yes, it had its nice bits & I would recommend it if you are a hardcore Hunger Games fan who just ended the series & were looking for more about Katniss. But overall, it doesn't give much insight about the series.