vickythenerd

Nerdy Reading

I am a vegetarian Nerdfighter who loves Doctor Who & books. I read mostly YA and fantasy, but I love all genres.

The Fellowship of the Ring
J.R.R. Tolkien
The Sigma Protocol
Robert Ludlum

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Volume 1: Long Way Home

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Long Way Home - Joss Whedon, Georges Jeanty, Paul Lee, Andy Owens, Dave Stewart, Richard Starkings Rating: 4.5I never watched Buffy when I was younger. And not because of lack of interest, but because I was not allowed to watch the show. I remember begging to grow up faster & for the show not to stop airing when I did. But eventually Buffy ended & I forgot about it.So when I heard about the graphic novel I was instantly excited to read it because it would be my chance to discover the amazingness of the fandom. Firstly, in my opinion, you do NOT need to have watched the series to understand this. Yes, it's tehcnically season 8, but it's not necessary. If you know what a Slayer(demon killer, ALWAYS a woman) & a watcher(slayer's guide) is, then you are set.The Long Way Home is the perfect combination of writing with mind-blowing graphics. Buffy is a strong girl & her sarcastic remarks & badassness makes her instantly our idol(if you are a girl) & coveting material(if you are a guy).I spent half the time laughing my head off & the other half in awe of the drawings. The Long Way Home is not another marketing strategy to keep fans interested, it has soul and submerges you into the world and refuses to let go of you.If you were fan of Buffy back in the day & never read it because you thought it would ruin your memories of the show, read it because it will give you new memories of the characters.And if you, like me, never saw the series, read it too because it will make you wish you did. Buffy had never been more alive than in the pages of this graphic novels.