vickythenerd

Nerdy Reading

I am a vegetarian Nerdfighter who loves Doctor Who & books. I read mostly YA and fantasy, but I love all genres.

The Fellowship of the Ring
J.R.R. Tolkien
The Sigma Protocol
Robert Ludlum

Cryer's Cross

Cryer's Cross - Lisa McMann Lisa Mcmann’s comeback into the YA world since last year’s goodbye to her greatly loved Wake Series is Cryer’s Cross. A story about an OCD girl & the disappearance of two of her classmates.If anyone thought Lisa couldn’t do any better after the Wake series, they are in for a shock.What really intrigued me about the story was Kendall’s uniqueness: she has OCD, obsessive-compulsive disorder. From the start we can see Kendall’s struggle with her sickness which just makes her like her from the start. That & Mcmann’s unique writing give a simple, yet realistic feel to the story, striping down from unnecessary actions or words ad leaving the true core of the story.Although not exactly fast-paced, Kendall keeps us at the edge. My only complaint is the shortness of the story and the want of more from her. Overall, Cryer’s Cross was a dark and haunting story that will leave you wanting more.