vickythenerd

Nerdy Reading

I am a vegetarian Nerdfighter who loves Doctor Who & books. I read mostly YA and fantasy, but I love all genres.

The Fellowship of the Ring
J.R.R. Tolkien
The Sigma Protocol
Robert Ludlum

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer  - Michelle Hodkin Once again I feel like the romance swallowed the story. This had the makings of a great story, and don't get me wrong it was. But I can't help but be annoyed when the main story(Mara and her hallucinations) are disregarded for the romance. Halfway it's like she's a complete normal girl and there's nothing wrong with her. And you can't tell me whatever you want, but no matter how hot a guy can be a girl is not going to be sitting next to him and stare wide at him while thinking, "He smells so good and he has the most beautiful hands! And his face! He has an angel's face!" I mean if you know someone like that, please take him immediately to see someone. I get that girls might sometimes act like that, but not to that extreme. And it annoys me that they are constantly portrayed like that. I mean, yes, there's nothing wrong if she met a guy, but to ignore the whole plot to talk about her high school life and the amazingly hot, unattainable, but who seems to be interested in her, popular guy. If you are interested in paranormal romance & reading the same book over and over again, with only mild changes in the plot, this might be for you.